New for 2021 – The Newquay Town Team
The Newquay Town Team is a partnership between businesses, voluntary and community organisations, resident associations, BID, Newquay Town Council and Cornwall Council together with local residents and stakeholders. It aims to provide co-ordination of development activity within the Town making Newquay a thriving, sustainable community that offers a secure home, a decent income and a great environment for all.
The Town Team has attracted the attention of the UK Government’s High Street Taskforce due to its grass roots approach and will work with their experts and resources to leverage and exploit every opportunity that comes in Newquay’s direction.
Funding from Cornwall Council will allow the Town Team to consult widely with all parts of the community to develop a strategy to revitalise the town centre to facilitate a vibrant, safe and supportive community where people help each other live well. It will ensure that the projects are agreed by all of the involved stakeholder parties, and that they reflect the actual needs of the community and the town, before monies are sought.
The Town Centre Development Framework will look for a variety of projects (arts/culture, leisure/events, spatial and heritage) and attempt to find the funding for such to be brought to fruition in a two to ten year time period by bidding for community levelling up monies, town deal and lottery funding along with any new sources that become available.
The projects will seek to:
- Further the ambitions laid out in the vision for Newquay by the Town Council in its Neighbourhood Plan;
- Assist with the delivery of the vision and objectives laid out in the Newquay Business BID plan for its 3rd term
- Complement the six transitions to obtain the goals of Cornwall Council’s Together We Can Vision for 2050
- Ensure the golden threads of Health and Wellbeing and Net Carbon Zero are developed alongside the other emerging plans/policies of Cornwall Council’s Prosperous Cornwall 2050.
The Newquay Town Team Members
Leigh Archer, Resident
Stephen Hick, Newquay Town Council
Louis Gardner, Cornwall Council
Andy Cole, Newquay BID
Kim Harris, Newquay BID
Margaret North, Newquay Town Council
Peter Nottage, Resident
Jennifer Dixon, Resident
Dirk Parker, Town Centre Business (Cliff Road)
Michelle Johns, Newquay Town Council
Andy Hannan, Newquay Town Council
Shirley Williams, Heritage Society
For more information please:
- Visit our Facebook Page
- Email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 07444812793