The project comprises of refurbishment works to all building levels and structural alterations. The top two levels will be used for general office use with the ground floor comprising a large open space with kitchen to support events and community functions. Each of these levels will include an accessible toilet and lift access. The lower ground level will be used for storage of equipment and will be accessed externally only.
- Externally, the garages will be demolished and removed before the contractor starts on sight and are therefore will not form part of this tender.
- Asbestos removal will be the subject of a separate contract and therefore will not form part of this tender, however the timing of the removal will be after the contractor erects the scaffolding, whilst the contractor is mobilising and before the contractor commences the works.
- The successful contractor will be appointed by The Council under the JCT Intermediate Form of Building Contract 1998 Edition incorporating Amendments 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The Council have appointed Barron Surveying Services to act as their Project Manager and as Contract Administrator for this Project.
Key objectives of the Tender are:
- To determine the most suitable principal contractor for this project based on an assessment of price, resourcing and health and safety performance.
- To provide a venue for Community groups and voluntary organisations to hire out as there is a current lack of provision in the Newquay area as identified through public consultation.
- To provide flexible office accommodation for local businesses looking to establish themselves in Newquay. The site has the benefit of being 5 minutes’ walk from the Town Centre.
- To provide much needed storage and office accommodation for the Town Council’s front-line services.
- Including provision of capacity related growth space for the Town Council.
A link to the Contract Finder Notice can be found here: