The CCTV service provided by Newquay Town Council working in partnership with St Austell Town Council is crucial in the management of the public open space. It is also a fundamental factor in the partnership between the Councils and Devon and Cornwall Police, in the prevention and reduction of crime and antisocial behaviour in the local areas.
Newquay Town Council currently own and operate 34 CCTV cameras housed in different locations in and around Newquay Town Centre and outlying areas. Newquay Town Council also work in partnership with St Austell Town Council who own 20 CCTV cameras in the St Austell Town Centre. All 54 CCTV cameras are monitored from the CCTV Control Room based in Newquay. Both Councils are keen to expand their CCTV network including the use of mobile CCTV.
The Councils are inviting suitably qualified and experienced organisations to tender for the provision of CCTV repair and maintenance. The winning service provider will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of each of the Councils Open Space CCTV cameras and the Control Room within Newquay Police Station. This will be inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Routine servicing of equipment and installations to be undertaken every quarter
- A 24-hour breakdown repair service all year round (should this be required) for the CCTV infrastructure and Control Room during normal working days and hours (excluding Saturday/Sunday/Public Holidays).
- Provision for emergency call outs all year round to undertake immediate repairs within 24 hours outside normal working days (Saturday/Sunday/Public Holidays), and also outside normal working hours on Monday – Friday if required by the service and deemed high priority.
- An inspection at the commencement of the contract and in the final year of the contract.
- Responsive maintenance to faults and preventative maintenance of the cameras and equipment.
- Provide lens cleaning of the cameras within the system at least quarterly (this must be flexible and can be adjusted depending on the requirement for cleaning), with the ability to increase the frequency of cleaning during the winter months.
Further information on this tender can be found in the documentation below and on Contracts Finder