Newquay Town Council is a vibrant and dynamic local government organisation committed to enhancing the quality of life for our residents and visitors. As a popular seaside town known for its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and strong sense of community, we are seeking a skilled and dedicated HR Manager to join our team on a part-time basis on a 12 month fixed term contract.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to lead our human resources practices and objectives in alignment with the goals of Newquay Town Council. The HR Manager will play a pivotal role in fostering a positive work environment, promoting employee well-being, and ensuring compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures in line with best practices and legal requirements.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process, including job postings, interviews, and onboarding.
- Oversee employee relations, addressing concerns, and promoting a harmonious workplace.
- Provide guidance and support on performance management, professional development, and employee growth.
- Monitor and administer employee benefits and leave programs.
- Stay updated on changes in employment laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with department managers to understand staffing needs and organisational goals.
- Foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organisation.
- Competitive Salary
- Cycle to Work and Techschemes: Get discounts off Bicycles, Bicycle accessories, Tech, Gadgets and much more!
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to Public and Bank Holidays (Pro Rata). Continuous service does apply and previous service within a Local Authority will count
- Flexible part-time schedule (20 hours per week, Monday to Friday).
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in a thriving coastal community.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Join us in shaping a bright future for Newquay and its residents. Your HR expertise can make a significant contribution to our community’s success. Apply today and be a part of our journey!
Deadlines: Completed Application forms (with an accompanying CV) must be received no later than Midday on 10 November 2023.
Interviews will be held w/c 20 November 2023.
More information on the duties and responsibilities of the post can be found below.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.