We are seeking an experienced IT professional to join a dynamic, forward-thinking team and progressive organisation.
The IT Manager will be based at the Municipal Offices, Marcus Hill, Newquay. The IT Manager primarily oversees the day to day IT operations of four key sites within its remit; Municipal Building/Tourist Information Centre, Newquay Library, Mount Wise Centre and the Cafe and Retail space at the Killacourt.
If successful, you will ensure that Newquay Town Council’s IT infrastructure and its front-line services and procedures meet the needs of its staff, tenants and wider community, as well as managing the delivery and implementation of all the Town Council’s IT-related policies.
You will have experience of managing and developing a wide range of IT services (both front and back of house operations), with associated responsibilities for resources and budgets, and some experience of managing staff. You will also have skills, experience, and a developing interest in server management, as well as the flexibility and interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively across different services and sites.
Main duties include:
- To ensure that IT, case management and telephony systems run smoothly and that staff are trained to an appropriate level in the use of systems and software applications.
- Consulting and supporting staff at all levels to diagnose, predict and resolve I.T issues.
- Installing, configuring and monitoring the Town Council’s suite of programmes and wireless network systems.
- To manage and maintain projects e.g. staff changes (joiners/ leavers), relocations and upgrades and to suggest/advise on new procedures and initiatives to ensure the Council uses IT to optimal effect.
- Advice in systems development including latest thinking and best practice in cyber security measures including firewalls, antivirus, email security.
- Developing and supporting a programme of training to improve IT skill, competencies and awareness of system safety and security Council wide.
- Coordinating and making best use of external IT consultants
You will present a positive, dynamic and professional image of the Council to the residents and visitors alike. More information on the role can be found via the Recruitment Pack below.
Joining us at Newquay Town Council comes with a range of perks and benefits;
- Competitive Salary
- Cycle to Work and Techschemes: Get discounts off Bicycles, Bicycle accessories, Tech, White Goods, Gadgets and much more!
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to Public and Bank Holidays. (pro rata)
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Secure and reliable job opportunity
Deadline for applications is 31 July 2023. Interviews w/c 07 August 2023.
Applicants must be available to weekends and bank holidays. If you are hard-working, self-motivated and efficient, please visit use the online form below.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applicants for the position.