Newquay Clean is a working party which was established in 2020 in response to real concerns over the increase in litter during the easing of lockdown last summer.
Representatives from Cornwall Council, Newquay Town Council and Newquay BID have joined with CORMAC, Biffa, Clean Cornwall and several volunteer groups (specifically Newquay Marine Group & Land & Sea Cornwall).
It is an open and informal forum, where the aims are simple. As a group, we want to:
- Raise awareness of the issue of litter with stakeholders
- Provide a space whereby members of the group can ensure co-ordination between existing and emerging projects and issues
- Use our partnerships collective voice to run campaigns to reduce litter
- Find solutions through partnership working
- Establish smaller task and finish groups, as appropriate, to progress specific issues or opportunities
- Provide support to funding applications by individual member organisations.